Saturday, March 24, 2007

Indian Bolwing : A Post Mortem

I think India bowled reasonable well today, and the credit does go to bowlers and to the captain for some good and imaginative bowling changes (well done, Dravid!)

Here is what I will give the bowlers on a scale of 1-10 (1-worst, 10 best)

Zaheer Khan:
Bowling Figures: 10-0-49-2
My Marks: 7.5/10
My Remarks: Was very good in patches, clearly the best Indian seamer for this tour, more was expected from him.

Ajit Agarkar:
Bowling Figures: 8-1-33-1
My Marks: 8.5/10
My Remarks: Clearly the best bowler on the day. Almost got Jayasuriya the first ball he bowled and then onwards kept a great strangle hold on the Lankans. And it is a real rarity in Indian cricket that after the end of 50 overs, the man who gave the least RPO is Ajit Agarkar!

Munaf Patel:
Bowling Figures: 10-1-46-1
My Marks: 7.25/10
My Remarks: Great talent, less experience. Good Job overall.

Harbhajan Singh:
Bowling Figures: 10-0-53-0
My Marks: 2/10
My Remarks: Was the worst bowler for India by far. The only bowler to go wicketless and almost highest RPO. At least now he should be dropped for future games (WC or no WC!)

Sourav Ganguly:
Bowling Figures: 4-0-22-1
My Marks: 8.5/10
My Remarks: Did more than expected, took out the dangerous Sangakarra.Well done.

Sachin Tendulkar:
Bowling Figures: 8-0-40-1
My Marks: 8.5/10
My Remarks: Was very good and bowled almost all varieties. Kept the pressure on and took out Tharanga whom no one else could get out! Well done.

No comments: