Friday, May 18, 2007

India vs B'desh - Day 1 of Test 1

Wasim Jaffer was unlucky.
Kartik is a delight to have in the team.
Dravid is still 'The Wall'
Tendulkar and Ganguly - need to play like this consistently. Yes, they were edgy to start with , but it was a pleasure to watch them when in full flow.
B'desh - have a real uphill task ahead.
If I was Bashar, I would not try to stem the flow, but to get the wickets. Surround the batsmen with all fielding positions and ask Mortaza to bowl bouncers and slower ones and get more variety in the morning. And in the later part, with left arm spinners bowling, I would still surround the batsmen and try for wickets.

I don't want to see too much in the batting of Indian batsmen - because it is still a match played on the sub-continent batting paradise pitch and even I can bat out there. (OK, I can't - but you get the point, right?)

No comments: