Monday, December 3, 2007

Decision Time

Updates at the bottom of this post
----------------------------------

India (1st innings) - 616/5 decl
Pak (1st innings) - 456
Only 1 and 1/2 days play remaining in the match.

If you are Anil Kumble - what would you do?

Option A) Play safe - Give the batsmen batting practice for 1 and 1/2 days and tire the Pakistan bowlers
Option B) Go for a result - Bat today, score quick runs and declare by end of the day to set a target for Pakistan tomorrow - Let the team that plays well win.

I would go for option B, I am sure so would Ponting and Smith. I just hope that Kumble too would opt for Option B - what about you?

Update: India lost first wicket and Kumble sent in Dhoni. I like it. Yunis, the stand in captain, asks Salman Butt to bowl, I like it all the more. Excellent Captaincy from both sides. Tomorrow will be Paisa Vasool.
Update 2: India lost the plot when they batted quite slowly on 4th evening and also on 5th morning. And giving Yunis the credit of a great knock, the bowling unfortunately didn't click because we were as usual not aggressive - same story of a tireless Kumble bowling on 5th day and yet unable to win! Sigh!

4 comments:

Sanju said...

What did you mean by Paisa Vasool?I hope you did not put any money on anyone.

Ranjeet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ranjeet said...

:-D Thank god I'm hooked on to Cricket and not money LOL. Btw, sadly - while the situation was there for grabs for both sides, neither could make an impact as the arrogant and awesome aussies wud hv made!

Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can bruit about that I agree with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is even now a definitely as you did in the decrease efflux of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=somatic hypermutation ppt ?
I noticed the axiom you suffer with not used. Or you profit by the dark methods of helping of the resource. I have a week and do necheg