Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Lara Retires From ODIs


Brian Lara has decided to call it quits from the ODI's.

"I think this is the end of my one-day career, for sure," Lara said. "I honestly feel that my game is over and we should give it to one of the younger players. It's really tough playing one-day internationals out there."

I am impressed.
This decision always displays a maturity that someone knows where to stop.

He might not have been the best captain for WI, he might have let them down in their do-or-die situations in this WC and other matches, but he is gracious in accepting it and handing it over to younger players.

And the good part is that he will still be around to play Test Cricket - that is where the real cricket is played anyways.

As one of the greatest artists to ever play this game, you have my heart, Brian.
(Image Source : Cricinfo)

No comments: